Forum

Advice on conceptual usage of POA network

Hello, I am looking for a blockchain network suitable for storing hashes of documents immutably.
Initially I looked up to Etherium but it seems the price for transactions there is too large and volatile.

This use case seems to be relevant for me: Subsidized Transactions - POA

Though I still have no clarity for POA Network.

1. It is said that validators are US Public Notaries. And I see the list here https://validators.poa.network/poa-dapps-validators

As I see there are only 11 people. How a single non-technical person (I assume that being Notaries, it means that they are not tech people) can host nodes, apply patches, configure them and so on.

1. Is there any guarantee that there will be enough validators on the network to function?

2. is it etherium compatible? Can I write contracts using solidity the same way as I could do it for etherium? Can the same tools be used to access the network?

3. Is there eventing mechanism for a smart contract to emit events?

4. Is it good choice for production?

As a fully compatible Ethereum Virtual Machine (EVM) blockchain, POA Core Network has helped lead and build the Ethereum ecosystem over the past four years. Here’s a good resource for developers to better understand and deploy to the POA Core Blockchain:

Most of the independent POA Core Validators are quite technical, as is the POA Network Development Team. Make sure to review the resources above to find answers to all of your questions.

As a quick reply, yes, anything that can be deployed on the Ethereum Blockchain can be deployed natively on POA Core Network, and you should be able to use the tools you may already be comfortable with working with if you have deployed to Ethereum. Make sure to review the link above and the entire POA Network website. Welcome aboard!