Forum

Clarification on initial data load

I have few questions:

Is there any documentation on the process to load the block data? I noticed that block data is loaded first followed by internal transactions. However, the process skipped some of the blocks. As such, it could not load the internal transactions for the skipped block. Does blockscout come back and load the missing blocks?
UPDATE: addressed in https://github.com/poanetwork/blockscout/pull/3440

When are the tokens loaded. We have masternode reward token. It is not getting indexed. Can I manually add the spec’s of the masternode token?

We are running an older version of Blockscout in production. We plan to upgrade to v3.4.0. Can we migrate the existing data or it is recommended to start new?

When are the tokens loaded. We have masternode reward token. It is not getting indexed. Can I manually add the spec’s of the masternode token?

Token will be indexed with the first transfer of it.

We are running an older version of Blockscout in production. We plan to upgrade to v3.4.0. Can we migrate the existing data or it is recommended to start new?

It will be faster to run the update on existing data. However, take a note, that because of some updates contain introducing new columns, changing columns types and reorganizing indices in the DB, with huge numbers of rows (tens of millions) update can take several days or more depending on how far you’re from the latest release.