Hi xDai community, this is @Powers, a contributor to DXdao. I wanted to explore areas where the DXdao and xDai communities could collaborate on.
DXdao already has a base deployed on xDai, where we conduct the majority of our governance, paying out contributors and contractors, while also using it for signal proposals to REP holders. Additionally, all of DXdao’s products have been live on xDai for several months.
- Omen has an xDai version] but also uses xDai in the background for users coming in through mainnet.
- Swapr has over $3.5m liquidity on xDai, with plans to launch farming campaigns
- Mesa v1 is currently available on GP v1, and Mesa v2 will soon deploy to xDai
In total, DXdao has almost $4m assets on xDai from its treasury and as an LP in Swapr. DXdao also recently purchased 7,829 STAKE intended for liquidity provisioning on Swapr.
Over the last few months the DXdao community has become very familiar with xDai, Blockscout, the Omni/xDai bridge and a host of other products that your community has built.
I wanted to explore opportunities between the communities, particularly for Omen and Swapr and how they can take advantage of the Ecosystem Fund that was announced on March 31. Two upcoming DXdao initiatives that could be relevant.
- Swapr Beta will launch soon and feature a do-it-yourself farming platform (on xDai and Mainnet). It would be great if xDai sponsored a STAKE liquidity mining campaign on Swapr xDai and Swapr mainnet.
- Omen is planning to launch OMN token along with a liquidity mining campaign. Gnosis and Kleros are also discussing incentives) for Omen. xDai should consider sponsoring a similar program on Omen to incentivize liquidity providers. DXdao could also explore .
I think the immediate opportunity is on Swapr and I think the model is the STAKE incentives for Sushiswap, which passed a couple days ago on a Snapshot vote. I can’t speak for DXdao, but I believe the community would be very interested in this arrangement and hope the xDai community would be too, given DXdao’s long standing commitment to xDai and the amount of capital it holds there.
There are some differences as DXdao also likes to provide liquidity itself and DXD is not really a farming token, but there are discussions about launching SWPR token sometime in the near future.
Anyway, wanted to kickstart the conversation on ways for xDai community and DXdao to collaborate in general
Tangentially related, DXdao holds its STAKE on xDai. Is there a way for this to be enabled for Snapshot voting?