This content was moved to: https://docs.blockscout.com/resources/faqs/how-do-i-speed-up-my-hosted-blockscout-instance
BlockScout can be resource intensive. If your instance is running slowly:
- clear the cache - the application cache is cleared on restart by running:
sudo systemctl restart explorer.service
- increase the memory limit for indexers https://github.com/poanetwork/blockscout/blob/b48305ece284e00084e2bb47ff1ad501bf24f115/apps/indexer/config/config.exs#L36 if indexing is slow.
- increase the number of CPUs if CPU is running at 100% on the web app server
- increase the memory if memory consumption is high on the web app server
- increase the number of CPUs or/and increase the memory on the database server if consumption is high.
Instructions for accessing and upgrading CPUs/memory will differ based on your setup. If you are running BlockScout on AWS, these settings can be accessed through your AWS services portal.