How to Use the ETC - WETC Bridge
Log into your wallet either through the Metamask or Nifty Wallet.
For the purposes of this tutorial we use Metamask. Connect to the Custom RPC Chain using the following input parameters:
- Custom URL: https://classic.blockscout.com
- Chain ID: 61
- Symbol: ETC
- Nickname: Custom ETC Network (Optional)
- Access the ETC - WETC Bridge from https://wetc.app/. You are prompted to connect your wallet from Metamask to the Bridge.
Note: After clicking
connect you can see your ETC balance and the network you are connected to. In this case, it’s 1.09 ETC on the Ethereum Classic Network.
- To move 1 ETC (minimum amount) from the Ethereum Classic Network to the Ethereum Network, enter this into the field and click transfer.
- You will see a popup window with the bridge transfer fees. To proceed, click Continue.
- On the final confirmation page, check all values and click Submit.
- Processing takes a few minutes, after which you will see the ETC successfully made it from the Ethereum Classic Network to the Ethereum Network.
- If you would like to send ETC back to the Ethereum Classic Network from the Ethereum Network, the steps are easy! All you have to do is switch your Metamask wallet to ensure its connected to the Ethereum Network and then go back to step 4!
Note: If connected correctly, you will notice the Ethereum logo on the top left side and the Ethereum Classic logo on bottom right side, just like the image below!
For bridge parameters such as minimum transfer amounts and fees, see this post.