This thread references video in General – Oracles Network. News and Updates # 18
Forgive me for being ICO challenged
- Sokol is left side of bridge, i.e. Main Ethereum Network where users are holding ETH
- Kovan is the right side of bridge where the tokens, MTK materialize.
Someone has initiated a crowdsale, say ICorp.
ICorp have a set of MTK tokens for sale ( is this the token address in UI ) on PoA chain Sokol.
The price of 1 MTK is .001 ETH
ICorp has created ICO using Oracle Wizard and wants to sell tokens such that:
- Johnny User must logged into MetaMask and be pointed to the Sokol Network
- Johnny User needs some ETH in an account on Sokol to purhase MTKs
- Johnny User goes to some URL to purchase his MTK
- Decides to purchase 1 MTK
- Needs to approve transfer of .001 ETH to the ICO contract ( address )
- Once approved the ETH is moved to ICorp address on Sokol?
- 1 MTK is created in the users account on Kovan ( with same address? )
Any chance I can exercise ICO bridge on my own and understand use case.
Is there a faucet for sokol testnet?
Or can you send some ETH or MTK to following sokol address: 0xc243a79F90574ED9D5b20F3661ab21b800208604
One more question:
Is the “bridge” a separate parity chain ( kovan? ) with contracts and UI sits on top of that or is the bridge just a collection of contracts, some on sokol and some on kovan and UI “bridges” them together?