Jack Miller - Chicago, IL - Notary Pending

Hello,

I am currently pursuing a notary license in Illinois. I have been involved in the blockchain space for a few years and currently work at a cryptocurrency hedge fund. I graduated from the University of Illinois where I studied Math and Computer Science, and took Master’s courses in Cryptography at the Universitat Rovira i Virgili in Tarragona, Spain. I have worked professionally as a software developer since 2012. I have contributed to open source projects, including blockchain based projects, since 2013. I have run nodes and infrastructure for blockchain networks large and small.

I would love the opportunity to apply my technical skills to support the POA Network. Please let me know if there is any additional information about myself that I can supply. I look forward to seeing the POA Network grow and advanced dapps of all kinds to bring the blockchain mainstream.

Hi Jack, Welcome aboard! I’m in Iowa. When would you expect your Illinois Notary status to be approved? I know it is a fairly long process.

Have you joined the POA Network Community Telegram channel? The link is:

Chicago has a strong Investment Bank, Hedge Fund and Trading community. From the hedge fund perspective, how do you see the blockchain market? Are funds interested in learning more, acquiring, investing, or sitting back?

Welcome aboard and look forward to hearing more from you. See you in the POA Network Community Telegram channel!

Jack, would also be curious to hear a bit more about your fund’s strategy and current outlook on the market.

I’m waiting to hear back from the state and sounds like it can take a few weeks to hear back sometimes. Is there anything I should be doing in the meantime?

I see the market in the infrastructure phase with a lot of experiments being run. There’s more developers and capital than ever before and more use cases materializing. I have a very positive long-term outlook but the question of “when” is uncertain.

I think traditional funds are investigating and some are getting their feet wet. Others are waiting for more regulatory certainty or custody solutions. There are some cryptocurrency only funds that have been live for a while.

We take long positions in promising projects and deploy software and/or infrastructure to strengthen those networks. Thus validating transactions in PoA fits with our thesis quite well.

Copying from my other comment RE: outlook:

I see the market in the infrastructure phase with a lot of experiments being run. There’s more developers and capital than ever before and more use cases materializing. I have a very positive long-term outlook but the question of “when” is uncertain.