Last page of Token Wizard "Download" and "Continue" buttons not working

Hello, Just finished a Token Wizard project. Large project. All looks good except the last step/page will not execute – the “download files” and “Continue” buttons are not working. I got the final “All transactions signed” message. As a backup I’ve copy/pasted all the project files from the final page but I’d still like to d/l the zip file. But most importantly - need the continue button to create the final step and publish. Please advise as soon as possible, I still have the page open.

Hello, do you see any errors in dev console, if you are in Chrome? If yes, could you save the logs and attach here?

To open the dev console in Google Chrome, press F12, or go to View -> Developer -> Developer Tools, and open the Console tab
If you see errors, please right click on them and “Save as…”. Zip saved file and attach it to the Issue.

Thanks for your message.

I saved the log file. How do I attach it here?

You could share your experience and attach logs in a new issue in our github tracker: https://github.com/poanetwork/token-wizard/issues/new. And please don’t close wizard page, I will guide you after logs view.

Many thanks for your help with this.

As you suggested I have created a new issue in github tracker. Included the log file, screenshot and net info.

I’ve got the window still open.

Thanks, I see. Would you also mind to answer some questions for future research:

1. Was something unexpected during deployment process except unable to press “Continue”?
  2. Were you increasing gas for some of txs in Metamask?
  3. What address were you using to confirm transactions?
  1. Mostly went well. It was my first deployment so I wasn’t sure what to expect. Network response was a little slower than i expected, but overall not bad.
  2. Yes. A lot of gas increasing for many txs in Metamask. I set the original level too low so I had to increase almost every tx.
  3. Not clear on this question “…to confirm transactions?” Do you mean the wallet account address during deploy?
  1. Yes. A lot of gas increasing for many txs in Metamask. I set the original level too low so I had to increase almost every tx.

We don’t recommend to increase gas, because it can break deployment process https://github.com/poanetwork/token-wizard/wiki/FAQ#13-i-confirmed-transaction-in-metamask-and-after-some-time-of-waiting-i-see-the-message-in-metamask-taking-too-long-retry-with-a-higher-gas-price-here-should-i-increase-gas.

1. Not clear on this question “…to confirm transactions?” Do you mean the wallet account address during deploy?

Yes, wallet address in Metamask, that you used. I need it to find your crowdsale and give the link to it.

I see. Understood. I did see that message earlier but the first tx took a very long time and I had about 70 or more to go so I started increasing.

Address: 0xd4Ef6EA89eba8Ea542F810A8E44f7eDCfe135c5c

This is the link to your crowdsale: https://wizard.poa.network/crowdsale/?addr=0x94f892f0e5957b59c668150578a1c1c39314ad91&networkID=1

It is successfully created except you can’t get summary files due increasing gas in Metamask. But the source code of the smart-contracts is the same on all networks - you can create the same crowdsale in any Testnet: Kovan, Rinkeby, Sokol, Ropsten. And the source code of smart-contracts will be the same, that in Mainnet. You can close deployment page now.

Guide to get Sokol and Kovan test coins: https://github.com/poanetwork/token-wizard/wiki/Token-Wizard-Requirements

Excellent. Thank you very much for you help with this!

Just to confirm, the files I cut and pasted are all the files needed to keep on hand. Is this correct? And I can close the original browser window now.

Oh, right. If you copied all data from the publish page, it should be enough for contracts verification - the data in the summary files are the same, that data you see on this page. Yes, you can close publish page in this case.

Okay. Thanks again for your excellent support and guidance in this.

Hello,

I’m following up on our smart contract. All is going well. I have the following new question.
Is it necessary to include the signature code in the data transfer space? If so is there a way to disable this?
Looking forward to your reply. Thanks.

Hello,

Is it necessary to include the signature code in the data transfer space?

Do you mean the method’s signature when users contribute to crowdsale? yes, the method’s signature is required. The contribution to crowdsale is allowed only with execution definite method of the crowdsale smart-contract. The direct sending ether to contract address is disabled due to preventing buying tokens from exchanges.

If so is there a way to disable this?

It is not possible to disable it in a live crowdsale. But you can clone Token Wizard repo, change the code to fit your requirements and deploy your own instance of Wizard. And start your crowdsale in your own instance of Wizard.

Thanks for your reply. Our crowdsale is live now. Is there a way to modify the existing code of the live crowdsale?

Then, no, there is no way.

Okay. Thanks for the clarification. A follow on question in this case, is it possible to build a token profile for imToken wallet that incorporates the MethodID? https://github.com/consenlabs/token-profile

Buy with Method ID is a crowdsale feature (not a token). Your token is of ERC-20 standard. So, you are able to build profile of your token there.

Okay. Thanks. The reason I asked is because we have people trying to buy our tokens using the imToken wallet. They said they entered the MethodID data into a field called “remarks” but the tx failed. I thought maybe we could build the handling of the MethodID into the token profile somehow. Another approach is to advise the users of this wallet how/where to enter the MethodID. They said the only input field they can find other than the address and amount fields is the “remarks” field. Are you familiar with this wallet? Can we advise them?