Log into your Cloud Dashboard and deploy a new node with the following minimal system requirements:
- OS: Ubuntu Linux 16.04 LTS with root or sudo-user access over ssh
- CPU: minimum 2 cores
- RAM: minimum 4GB
- Disk: SSD (we do not recommend HDD), at least 128 GB
- Open network ports: SSH port (default 22 TCP), 30303 UDP. For security purposes, close other ports
If prompted to create new user during deployment - do so and skip the section about adding new user below. This guide will be using
ubuntu as the username, use the default or replace with your
sudo -user username.
Add User with Sudo Privileges
- SSH into your node using the root password provided by cloud service (either by web portal or email) or using the SSH key supplied during deployment. If you already have
rootwith your user and skip the next two steps.
Azure users will not have access to their root account by default, use your sudo user and skip to next section after connecting.
- Logged in as
rootadd user and grant sudo privileges. It is recommended to use default user
- Enter a STRONG password to protect the user and you can leave the next 5 fields blank. Confirm the information is correct. We will be using a parameter to ask
sudopass during ansible deployment.
- Grant user
usermod -aG sudo ubuntu