Oracles Network. News and Updates # 17

Hey guys!

First off, greetings to all who just joined Oracles Network community! We are excited to engage in a conversation with each and every one of you to learn how you think we can build an ecosystem where every participant benefits.

There are three updates we wanted to share:

1. Oracles Network Whitelist Registration is Open
To apply for the whitelist, please fill in the FORM (“add to whitelist” button). We will be processing the submissions as they come, and shortly we will start reaching out to the waitlisted candidates with further details.

2. Oracles at BlockCon
The founder of Oracles, Igor Barinov, was presenting at BlockCon in Santa Monica this week. You can check out the recording HERE

3. Oracles at CoinAgenda
Our next presentation is scheduled for October 25th, this time in Las Vegas. If any of you are attending CoinAgenda - shoot us a note or simply stop by at our table and let’s catch up.

Do not hesitate to reach out to us with ideas on how PoA based network can help your business. We would also appreciate your help in getting the word out: it is only by building a smart community of interesting and interested people we can make the blockchain technology more accessible.
Thank you for your continued support!

Keep in touch & be the first to know
Early next week we will announce the official pre-sale and crowdsale dates! Stay tuned for more updates at Orcales Network Medium channel,Twitter and Telegram channel. Check out some short interviews with Igor Barinov and the validators on our YouTube Channel.
And here’s the latest with Lillian Chan, where she ask Igor about the long-term vision for Oracles Network:

Loved the elevator pitch in the elevator. :slight_smile:

Does the POA network become more secure when the number of validators are increased and more sub-chains are launched? I could see this as being more decentralized than POW ( where miner amounts are limited and POS ( where those eligible for staking is also limited)?

Loved the elevator pitch in the elevator.

Thank you. I hope you enjoyed the last minute of the video.

Does the POA network become more secure when the number of validators are increased and more sub-chains are launched?

There are many possible risks for public networks. Let’s look into Aura Consensus Protocol Audit we did before network launch.

Aura claims to tolerate up to 50% malicious nodes, as per its documentation. The goals of a collusion of malicious nodes would be to seal blocks that should not be sealed, or merely to influence the selection of a validator.

Based on my understanding of the protocol, I believe these claims are correct. The bound 50% is tight, and any collusion of more than 50% of the validators could disrupt the sound execution of the protocol.

Thus, more validators there are in the network, more resilient it is against malicious nodes.

I could see this as being more decentralized than POW ( where miner amounts are limited and POS ( where those eligible for staking is also limited)?

I’d recommend reading “Decentralization in Bitcoin and Ethereum Networks” paper https://arxiv.org/abs/1801.03998

A quote from the paper below is important. It’s one of the two reasons why we are working on achieving more validators.

These results show that a Byzantine quorum system of size 20 could achieve better decentralization than proof-of-work mining at a much lower resource cost.

Thank you for the thorough response. I will add the Aura Consensus Protocol Audit and Decentralization in Bitcoin and Ethereum Network’s paper to my reading list!