POA Network. News and updates #26

Dear Friends,

The last week has been a big one for us, where we have been at WCEF and seen some great projects. We have also shared the latest update for our Inception Phase and news on our POA explorer.

Here’s what we’d like to share with you this week:

1. WCEF Hackathon
Igor Barinov, Roman Storm, and Dr. Jeff Flowers were judging the WCEF Hackathon, where the prizes were $3,000, $2000 and $1,000 in POA tokens for first, second and third place respectively! We got to see some incredible projects and great coders. It was very difficult for POA team to narrow the winners to just three, but in the end, the winners were * Cue drum roll *:

1. Flexible Trust Web: Decentralized Reputations
  2. Token ID
  3. IoT/Mobile/Blockchain-based coffee tracing and trading

Stay tuned for a post we have coming this week, in which we will cover the three projects in details and talk to the teams behind them. In the meantime, check out the video below of Dr. Jeff Flowers and Igor Barinov announce the winners.

2. POA Official explorer
We are happy to announce that we have started working with Ministry of Velocity on our official POA explorer. Ministry of Velocity were impressed by what POA has accomplished so far in creating a fast, secure and efficient network and are excited to be working on the official POA explorer.

3. Inception Update
We have had two successful hard forks on our Sokol testnet this month, on the 8th of January, and on the 18th of January. As part of the technical update, we plan to have a hard fork on the main network at block 772,000, which should occur on January, 29. The pull request for that update can be viewed here.

4. SV Ethereum Meetup at Stanford
We had a lot of fun at the last Ethereum Meetup, which Igor Barinov is co-organizer of, and got to meet our great contributors and community members!

Humans of POA #3

This week, our human of POA is Andrew! Andrew is known in the community as Lindsay, who you may remember featured in our previous newsletter when he created his version of the POA explorer. Since then, we were impressed with his work and hired him to work on our official explorer!

What is your name: Andrew Cravenho

What is your role: Project Lead

Why did you join the POA team: POA offers a network that I believe will be at the forefront of the cryptocurrency market in the upcoming years. Proof of Authority is unparalleled in this space and while POA will be a formidable competitor to Ethereum, giving back to the Ethereum ecosystem is very important part of this company’s philosophy - a movement I would love to be a part of.

What are you currently working on: I am currently working on the Official POA Network Explorer. Both users and developers will be very excited by what we have in store for them. I can’t share too many details now, but I look forward to sharing these details in the future.

What is a typical day working with POA: A typical day starts with the POA Explorer team discussing the previous days work and setting new goals for the upcoming day. Throughout the day I manage both design and development aspects of the project.

How do you see POA Network evolving in a year and going forward: With such a great team, philosophy, and community behind POA I can only see one outcome, a future that will not only bring success to POA but the entire Ethereum ecosystem.

As always, we’re looking forward to your feedback and welcome your ideas on the project’s future development!

Warmly,
POA Network Team

Keep in touch & be the first to know
Stay tuned for more updates at POA Network Medium, Twitter and Telegram channels.