POA Network. News and updates #30

Dear Friends,

A lot has happened since we last checked in! Most notably, our long-awaited rebrand was finally unveiled — BEHOLD ITS GLORY. Check out the rest of our news below.

1. POA Network unveil rebrand!
We introduced the world to our rebrand on April 3rd! After working for the last few months with our partner agency, Underdog, we came up with a new brand that consists of, not just a new logo, but a full framework of new brand language and style. Check out our full brand framework here to see what we have planned for the future. Check the write-up on the rebrand here!

2. CryptoChicks conference in Toronto
At the beginning of April, Igor Barinov, Ziggy Zeidan, and validator Sherina Yang traveled to Toronto to represent POA Network at the CryptoChicks Hackathon & Conference. Sherina gave a great presentation introducing POA while Igor joined a panel to discuss privacy on the blockchain — specifically, POA Network’s uses of Identity on Stake. We’ll upload both talks in the next couple of weeks but until then you can check out the photos from the conference below.

3. Open Source Blockchain Explorer NOW!
Following up on the first open call, Igor Barinov and Andrew Cravenho, once again join the second edition of “Open Source Blockchain Explorer NOW!” with Konrad/brainbot, Giveth and MyEtherWallet. In this edition, the POA Network team gave an update on the progress of POA Network’s Blockchain Explorer, discussing the technology stack and the roadmap which can be seen here. Check out the full video below!

4. POA Network sponsors Eurocrypt2018!
POA Network are proud to be one of the sponsors of Eurocrypt 2018 in Tel Aviv! Representing the POA Network team will be Andreas Fackler and Vladimir Komendantskiy who will be hosting a workshop at the conference, State-of-the-Art of Cryptography and Security Workshop. We are looking forward to meeting the community in Tel Aviv! If you are planning on being there, please reach out to the team!

5. Rublix to deploy their Hedge DApp on POA Network
After struggling with Ethereum’s scalability solutions, Rublix, a company specializing in DApp development, has decided to deploy their Hedge Prototype DApp on the POA Network! Read more about the Hedge Platform and Rublix here!

6. POA Meetup in Moscow and Russian language subforum
POA Network team will be talking in Moscow at the BlockchainHack meetup #3! POA Network’s tech lead, Igor Barinov will be giving an overview of POA platform as well as the roadmap for 2018. Alexander Kolotov will be talking about ‘POA <–> POA20’ bridge. Vadim Arasev will be discussing on chain governance and voting while Victor Baranov will showcase a ceremony of launching a POA Network clone.

As our Russian community gets bigger, we have decided to create an official channel for them on our POA forum where they can discuss POA Network and ask any questions they may have. Check it out our Russian language subforum and come say “privet”!

7. Upcoming events
On top of the Eurocrypt 2018 in Tel Aviv, The POA Network will also be sponsoring EDCON 2018 (Community Ethereum Development Conference ) in Toronto on the 3rd of May! If any community members are in Toronto during that time, please reach out to the team!

Humans of POA #7

Our “Humans of POA” this week needs no introductions! A lot of you are already familiar with him from the POA Network community channel: Roman Storm

What is your name: Roman Storm

What is your role: Software engineer

Why did you join the POA team: I’ve been passionate about cryptocurrencies since 2014 when I first read about Bitcoin. I’ve always wanted to join a place where I’d be one of the early engineers in the team. When I met Igor at Blockchain University, I saw an opportunity for something big like POA Network. After a couple of years knowing Igor through meeting him in hackathons and open sourced projects, I was offered to join the team full time. It was an exciting moment in my life that I will never forget. We have a strong team of engineers; however, we are always on the lookout for someone stronger. I believe POA Network is providing scaling solutions that people can use today to write Decentralized Applications (DApps). We have lots of great work to do, hence why I’m here.

What are you currently working on: I’m working on POA interledger technology. The first bridge, ‘POA <–> POA20’ will allow users to transfer POA native coin to ERC20 1:1 representation on Ethereum main network. It’s an essential building block for horizontal scalability of public networks.
The next step in R&D is to implement a bridge that will allow users to transfer any tokens between any EVM compatible networks.

What is a typical day working with POA: Developing core, reviewing pull requests, meetings with the team, researching new tools and solutions, study new programming language and frameworks.
I do like to workout during a day. POA is an excellent place where I get to work remotely, so I can plan my day the way I want as long as I fulfill my duties.

How do you see POA Network evolving in a year and going forward: POA is growing every single day by onboarding great developers to work on projects like a blockchain explorer, a new consensus algorithm, new governance, identity Dapps.

That’s it for this update! As always, we’re looking forward to your feedback and welcome your ideas on the project’s future development!

Keep in touch & be the first to know
Stay tuned for more updates at POA Network Medium and Twitter channels.

POA Network. News and updates #33

this is full of great info - thanks!

Awesome updates Ziggy! well done @shyang on the POA presentation.

Can’t wait to see the POA to POA20 bridge on eth main net in action. That’s going to open up a whole new avenue in terms of dapp development and scalability.

Thanks for the update! Great progress on cross-chain bridging!