Problems with poa-test-setup

Hello,

I tried to set up the poa-test-setup git on an Ubuntu machine to get my feet wet with PoA, and I’ve run into an issue. I was able to get the first part of the install done with a workaround (The poa-dapps-voting submodule would not install), but I’m now stuck an error that I can’t figure out. I’ve pasted the commands in a pastebin link below (I have tried to post this a few times and it keeps getting stuck at Saving with a twirling circle). Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

https://pastebin.com/bZ2TEBGV

Hello,

Could you please pull the latest update from ‘master’ branch and repeat the steps? Please let me know if the problem still exists.

Hello Viktor,

Thanks for your reply. I blew everything away and tried again from scratch. The first error that I needed the workaround for is resolved, but I got the exact same error after this command was being run:

poa-dapps-voting@0.1.0 lint /home/colin/poa/poa-test-setup/submodules/poa-dapps-voting
eslint src “–fix”

Cannot read property ‘type’ of undefined
TypeError: Cannot read property ‘type’ of undefined
at isForInRef (/home/colin/poa/poa-test-setup/submodules/poa-dapps-voting/node_modules/eslint/lib/rules/no-unused-vars.js:406:24)
at variable.references.some.ref (/home/colin/poa/poa-test-setup/submodules/poa-dapps-voting/node_modules/eslint/lib/rules/no-unused-vars.js:443:21)
at Array.some ()
at isUsedVariable (/home/colin/poa/poa-test-setup/submodules/poa-dapps-voting/node_modules/eslint/lib/rules/no-unused-vars.js:442:40)
at collectUnusedVariables (/home/colin/poa/poa-test-setup/submodules/poa-dapps-voting/node_modules/eslint/lib/rules/no-unused-vars.js:565:26)
at collectUnusedVariables (/home/colin/poa/poa-test-setup/submodules/poa-dapps-voting/node_modules/eslint/lib/rules/no-unused-vars.js:572:17)
at Program:exit (/home/colin/poa/poa-test-setup/submodules/poa-dapps-voting/node_modules/eslint/lib/rules/no-unused-vars.js:617:36)
at listeners.(anonymous function).forEach.listener (/home/colin/poa/poa-test-setup/submodules/poa-dapps-voting/node_modules/eslint/lib/util/safe-emitter.js:47:58)
at Array.forEach ()
at Object.emit (/home/colin/poa/poa-test-setup/submodules/poa-dapps-voting/node_modules/eslint/lib/util/safe-emitter.js:47:38)

npm ERR! Linux 4.15.0-36-generic
npm ERR! argv “/usr/bin/node” “/usr/bin/npm” “run” “lint” “–” “–fix”
npm ERR! node v8.10.0
npm ERR! npm v3.5.2
npm ERR! code ELIFECYCLE
npm ERR! poa-dapps-voting@0.1.0 lint: eslint src "--fix"
npm ERR! Exit status 1
npm ERR!
npm ERR! Failed at the poa-dapps-voting@0.1.0 lint script ‘eslint src “–fix”’.
npm ERR! Make sure you have the latest version of node.js and npm installed.
npm ERR! If you do, this is most likely a problem with the poa-dapps-voting package,
npm ERR! not with npm itself.
npm ERR! Tell the author that this fails on your system:
npm ERR! eslint src “–fix”
npm ERR! You can get information on how to open an issue for this project with:
npm ERR! npm bugs poa-dapps-voting
npm ERR! Or if that isn’t available, you can get their info via:
npm ERR! npm owner ls poa-dapps-voting
npm ERR! There is likely additional logging output above.

npm ERR! Please include the following file with any support request:
npm ERR! /home/colin/poa/poa-test-setup/submodules/poa-dapps-voting/npm-debug.log

npm ERR! Linux 4.15.0-36-generic
npm ERR! argv “/usr/bin/node” “/usr/bin/npm” “run” “prepare-governance-dapp-more”
npm ERR! node v8.10.0
npm ERR! npm v3.5.2
npm ERR! code ELIFECYCLE
npm ERR! poa-test-setup@0.1.0 prepare-governance-dapp-more: cd ./submodules/poa-dapps-voting && npm i > /dev/null 2>&1 && npm run lint -- --fix
npm ERR! Exit status 1

etc etc