Dear @poa-validators of both Sokol and Core networks
Recently, miners of ethereum network increased block gas limit up to 10M gas/block (https://ethstats.net/). To keep smart contracts functionality of Sokol and Core compatible with ETH, we propose to increase block gas limits in our networks as well.
If you agree, you can follow these steps to update the limit on your sokol and core validator nodes.
- connect to your sokol and/or core validator node.
- create a backup copy of current version of parity config
sudo cp -a /home/validator/node.toml /home/validator/node.toml.bkp
- check that backup is created
you should see
node.toml.bkp in the list
3. open config file in your favorite text editor (I use
nano here as an example)
sudo nano /home/validator/node.toml
- look for
gas_floor_targetconfiguration option, it should be in the
miningsection of the file:
... [mining] ... gas_floor_target = "8000000" ...
- change the value from
- save the file and exit (in
nano: press CTRL+X and confirm YENTER)
- restart parity service and netstat agent
sudo systemctl restart poa-parity && sleep 10 && sudo systemctl restart poa-netstats
- check in netstats (https://core-netstat.poa.network and/or https://sokol-netstat.poa.network) that your node is “green” and in sync with others
- in case something goes wrong you should be able to rollback by restoring original configuration file from the backup
sudo cp -a /home/validator/node.toml.bkp /home/validator/node.toml sudo systemctl restart poa-parity && sleep 10 && sudo systemctl restart poa-netstats