POA Forum

Sent POA to an ERC-20 MyEtherWallet address - Are my POA tokens gone now? Help please?

Hello POA team! last week mistakenly I sent my POA from the Bibox exchange to an ERC-20 wallet (My Ether Wallet).
Now I’m not sure what to do.
Are they lost forever?

-> - > On 9/17/19 I sent 10,845 POA to a My Ether Wallet address. Here is the transaction hash:

0xe18b5a100fc0718c491ec8b3f128b433316c1315264f8d935070f03399817023

Here is a screenshot of the transaction.

Any help would be greatly appreciated and since I’m not sure how to get back here - or how often I will, PLEASE copy me when responding if that is possible:
Thanks POA team!

John Barrett
jcbarrett2003@gmail.com

HI John–

if you control the MyEtherWallet account to which you sent your POA coins you are fine! Just point your MyEtherWallet to the POA Network and your coins will appear. You can see these tokens at the following BlockScout web link:

https://blockscout.com/poa/core/address/0x31e156678b8f96005f14f91676bef642c28ad06c/transactions

There has been only one transaction to or from this address. Hopefully this is a new address that you created and control. If not, you will not be able to recover your funds. If you do control this address you can use your MyEtherWallet or other compatable wallet to store and handle POA. Good luck!

Hi Jim and thanks for your help - so greatly appreciated.

This is great news as I DO control the MEW account to which I sent the POA.

Could you guide me where you wrote: “Just point your MyEtherWallet to the POA Network and your coins will appear.”

I honestly have no idea how to do this and I would be more than happy to tip you in crypto (your choice of token) for your help.

Thanks again man!

: )

John Barrett

Here’s a couple photos showing how to change network to POA using MyEtherWallet

1 Like

I must be daft but I don’t understand this at all. I’ve used MEW a lot over the years but I’m no expert.

Do I need to have a POA wallet?

Is there a POA client (QT) where the POA tokens would be sent?

Sorry to be so daft, but any additional help would be greatly appreciated.

John B.

Hello again 1proof.
Can you please help me again? I just need to know HOW to “point your MyEtherWallet to the POA Network”. I hate to sound daft but I just don’t know how to do this. Sounds easy though . . . ?
Please don’t let the “FatAlbert” name through you for a loop. I just changed to that last night. I was FatAlbert in the troll boxes for years and thought it would be fun to bring it back.
Any help would be greatly appreciated sir and please reply to my email if you will:
Thanks again.
John Barrett
jcbarrett2003@gmail.com

If you follow the series of images @hashguide posted above you will be able to access the POA Network and your POA coins. In particular, make sure to review the sections in each image @hashguide has circled for you to select and change. Thanks for posting Hashguide!

Ok thank you again - this worked well! I can see my POA balance in MEW (as I’m on the POA network).

NOW . . . where am I supposed to send my POA? Do I have a POE wallet on the poa.network associated with my FatAlbert account?

Thanks guys!!!

Thanks guys! I can see my POA balance in MEW (as I’m on the POA network).

NOW . . . where am I supposed to send my POA? Do I have a POE wallet on the poa.network associated with my FatAlbert account?

Thanks guys!!!

I guess I’m thinking wrong. Looks like when I’m on the POA Network via MEW, that’s all I need to know.
My POA are in my MEW wallet and I’m able to see them as I’m viewing the POA Network. Right?

Does anyone have any advice about using OR NOT USING MEW? I’ve heard people say not to and that there are better options.

Anyway . . . thanks a million guys for your help!!!