xDai and POA Forum

Stake token transfer - mew

Hi Team,

I recently purchased STAKE token from uniswap and transferred it to myetherwallet. Added custom token with the correct contract address: 0x0Ae055097C6d159879521C384F1D2123D1f195e6

I can see the correct number of tokens in my wallet and attempted to transfer the tokens across to Bitmax for staking. For some reason, I get the error message:

"Returned error. Gas required exceeds allowance (12439008) or always failing transaction.

I have no idea what this means or why STAKE token is my only erc token that brings up this error. Please help.

Many thanks in advance.

Since STAKE Token lives on the xDAI Stable Chain, you need xDai in your wallet to cover Network Transaction (Gas) fees, much like you need POA to cover Gas on the POA Network or Ether (ETH) to cover Gas fees on the Ethereum Network. Make sure you have xDai in your wallet to cover Gas.

Thank you very much!

I should be good from here - have a great day.

Are you still experience the problem or it is solved?

Hi Igor - thanks for checking in.

Using Myetherwallet, I have transferred 2 dai from my address to the TokenBridge Address as the recipient:0x4aa42145Aa6Ebf72e164C9bBC74fbD3788045016. I understand this is the procedure to get the correct gas for STAKE transfer.

I’m not sure how to access xdai chain through the wallet though. I can see other networks but not xdai chain. Is there something in particular that I need to do to add the network?

Many thanks.