Syncnode as an xDai validator

Hello everybody,

I am an early supporter of POA Network and I am a big fan of DAI (both as concept and as utility that it brings to the whole space) and I would love to take part as a validator. I have experience in running dPOS validators on other chains (Cosmos, IRISnet, Terra). You can see an introduction here:

Cheers,
George

2 Likes

Welcome on board. Please create for keys. You can find instructions for new validators in the wiki section.

Hi Igor,

Thanks for the welcome. I have created the keys, can you point me to the next steps? Do I need a parity node? I already have a parity node fully synced on ETH network, with full DB, does that work?

If you can point me to the right place for docs it would be awesome :slight_smile:

Here are the keys:
Minning key: 0x657E832b1a67CDEF9e117aFd2F419387259Fa93e
PayOut key: 0x920a8f8078fFBDe5c5A68EBD06006c8Bdd6C90c0
Voting key: 0x29CF39dE6d963D092c177a60ce67879EeA9910BB
Bridge key: 0xd1C6CAe6954d6127116243D46B9ce7b445d75564

Thanks!

2 Likes

The ballot is created.
POA team voted for adding Syncnode as a validator on xDai Stable Chain :white_check_mark:
CloudApp

@xdai-validators please cast your vote till 2019-05-31T22:00:00Z

1 Like

Portis vote :white_check_mark:

2 Likes

@syncnode you will need to have your Parity validator node synced with xDai chain: 3: New xDai Validator: After you have been approved as a Validator

1 Like

I don’t see your vote https://cl.ly/8ee145ac7c44 :thinking:

Thank you @varasev! It seems easy to be done, I will take care of it the following days, I am caught with some travels.

Hello,

Did the vote pass? I just got back to the office and I can set up my validator if everything is ok.

Thanks!

Hey,
unfortunately only POA casted the vote and the time of the ballot is over.
I’ll recreate the ballot again today.

Maybe set the end time of a new ballot to 2 weeks ahead? So that all the validators have time to vote.

I created one more proposal to add Syncnode as xDai Validator with 10 days
Dear @xdai-validators please cast your vote

POA Voted :white_check_mark:

1 Like

Protofire’s voted
:ok_hand:

2 Likes

MakerDAO voted YES! Congrats Syncnode!

2 Likes

Thanks guys! I’ll set up my node asap. Do you recommend a bare metal server with HSM for keys or a cloud server is good enough at the current stage of the network?

A cloud server is enough e.g. m5.large. Please follow the instruction here Syncnode as an xDai validator

1 Like