Here is my ( not exhaustive ) summary of Validator Meeting Summary - 02/03/2018:
Nice to meet and greet. We have a solid diverse team of Validators.
Primary responsibility of Validator is to secure the network.
Needs Validator Guide/Playbook for “sunny day” operations which includes Best Practices for:
- Securing Your Keys
- Node Monitoring ( How to ensure node is healthy )
- Tools for monitoring your node ( Azure, AWS, DigitalOcean, Thirdparty tools )
- Redundancy ( i.e. back-up Validator node )
- Denial of Service Protection
- Protocol if one notices subset of Validator nodes unavailable.
- Network metrics and/or events that trigger Emergency Protocols/Playbook
Network Operations Communication
- Channels to be used and escalation path for normal operations ( upgrades, etc … )
- Channels to be used and escalation path for emergency situations
Governance Communication Channels/Protocols
- New Ballots
- Voting Reminders
Needs Validator Guide/Playbook for Emergency operations:
Much of the above should be captured in wiki.
Apologies if I missed something. Encourage all Validators who have an area of expertise for above or topic of your choice, please create a Forum topic and provide guidance. If you have a questions one can also create a topic like “How do I best secure my keys?” or “What should a Validator do if … happens?”
We agreed to have a standing meeting bi-weekly which puts our next meeting in the 2/15 - 2/20 time window.
I propose Mon. 2/19/2018 @ 6PM PST